Tuesday, July 29, 2008

on Valentine's Day (i am not BLUR ok)




today, as usual had lunch with the gang of coursemates after Expository Writing class.
After the usual debate on where to have our lunch, all decided to go to the infamous Samosa.

as the lunch went on, since i sat at the furthest corner of the table, and all thanks to MOE who kept "bugging" and "nagging" on and on about tomorrow's Study Skills test, i was a little bit irritated. haha (i do not like it when people keeps bugging me with same questions over and over again)

after finished my dish, however, things started to get a little bit light and we joked. well, more like Jane and I joked. (i sat at the furthest right of the table, can't join in to the general convo.. LOL)
then as we talk, Jane told me her birthday falls on 2 days after Valentine's Day.
then i uttered "22nd of February"??
and Jane called around the table and said "hey! Cherish dunno when is Valentine's Day!! she thought it is 20th February!"
everyone looked amused and some shook their head.
ha ha WHAT?!

"The Blur Queen!!", Robin smirked and yelled across the table.

Oops.

I used to know and remember this date, 14th February.
I think i still remember this date a year ago..
the day where almost all hot blooded couples will celebrate and cuddle a lot. ha ha~~~
Since when have i forgot this date? no idea.
but i am glad this day is not a burden to me anymore..
it was a burden because people will keep asking how you are celebrating V Day every time it comes near.. haha
this day every year, V day comes and goes and it's all me and my girls (my clique)...
i do not think this date is that important, at least not yet, for now...
I think it is good not to care too much and feel emotionally affected if you have to celebrate V day alone or either with single girl friends.
we girls always had such fun even without any male presence~ =D
which is why V Day do not play any significant role and meaning to me
February 14 = Valentine's Day?
what about the other 364 days? LOL
Why can't i set a day for MY Valentine's Day? =P


1 comment:

  1. Ola nuffnanger!

    Well, technically Valentine's day was named after Saint Valentines

    So I suppose you could set your own "valentine's day" except...I think you'd better call it "WenQ day" or something

    (^.^)

    Well, now that I mention it, I think I'm going to call today Cyren day - The day to celebrate plants and flowers!!!

    Well WenQ, Happy Cyren Day!!!

    ReplyDelete